Looking for a fun and easy idea for Independence Day? These no-bake 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats will be a hit.
Flag Rice Krispie Treats for the 4th of July
These American flag Rice Krispie Treats are a fun dessert or snack idea for the 4th of July. No-bake (it's too hot to bake!) and delicious, they're a party favorite.
If you're looking for more food ideas for the 4th, check out our Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispie stars.
how to make 4th of July Rice Krispie Treats
We start with our BEST Rice Krispie Treat recipe, cut into rectangles, and decorate with icing.
STEP ONE: MAKE THE RICE KRISPIE TREATS
Prepare our BEST Rice Krispie Treat recipe in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
Cut the treats into rectangles 1 ½ inches by 2 ½ inches. The recipe should make 16 to 18 treats.
For a large batch of treats...
Prepare the SHEET PAN Rice Krispie Treats. This recipe yields 36 rectangles.
STEP TWO: MAKE THE ICING
Mix up a batch of sugar cookie icing.
Divide the batch into three bowls. Use food coloring to tint red, white, and blue.
Scrape the icing into three disposable decorating bags and close tightly with rubber bands.
STEP THREE: DECORATE YOUR FLAGS
Snip the tips of each bag and pipe to decorate your Rice Krispie Treats.
Let set very well, at least 4 hours to overnight.
Supplies you'll need:Wilton 12-Inch Disposable C...Shop on AmazonAmericolor Soft Gel Paste F...Shop on AmazonFood Coloring AmeriColor - ...Shop on AmazonAmericolor Soft Gel Paste F...Shop on Amazon
Flag Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 disposable decorating bags
- Red Americolor food coloring
- Blue Americolor food coloring
- White Americolor food coloring
- 16 Rice Krispie Treats (cut in 1 ½" by 2 ½" rectangles)
- 1 cup sugar cookie icing
- Spread the Rice Krispie Treats on a baking tray.
- Divide the batch of icing into three bowls. Use food coloring to tint red, white, and blue.
- Scrape the icing into three disposable decorating bags and close tightly with rubber bands. Snip the tips of each bag and pipe to decorate your Rice Krispie Treats.
- Let set very well, at least 4 hours to overnight.
- 4 cups confectioner's sugar
- 4 tablespoons milk (any will work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt.