These Baby Yoda Rice Krispie Treats are so easy to make and cute as can be! Scroll to the end for video how-tos and a printable recipe.
Baby Yoda Rice Krispie Treats
If you're as smitten as the rest of the world with Baby Yoda (or, the yoda-species character we've all named "Baby Yoda") from The Mandalorian series, these Baby Yoda Rice Krispie Treats are for you.
Add coloring to our perfect, never-fail Rice Krispie treat recipe, some candy ears and big eyes, and Baby Yoda comes to life. Serve these at your next Star Wars party or just for fun. I cheated just a bit, since I used the same exact techniques to make these Baby Yoda marshmallows.
how to make Baby Yoda Krispie Treats
There are a few different steps to make all of the components, but not to worry. Each step is easy peasy.
First, make the cereal treats.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray or rub with butter or Crisco. Add 4 ⅔ cups Rice Krispies cereal. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, place 4 tablespoons of salted butter and 10 ounces of marshmallows. Microwave for 1 minute on high. Stir, and microwave for at additional 30 second intervals, if needed. Stir until very smooth.
- Be sure to keep your eye on the marshmallows! They will puff up.
- 10 ounces of marshmallows equals 6 cups of mini marshmallows (usually 1 bag) OR about 40 regular marshmallows.
- Stir a few drops of Americolor Soft Gel Paste Electric Green food coloring into the marshmallow mixture and stir very well.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal. Stir gently until the mixture is very well combined.
- Transfer to the prepared baking tray. Grease a spatula with cooking spray (or Crisco or butter) and flatten into a rough circle or rectangle. The treats should be about 10-inches by 12-inches and ¾-inch thick.
- Let cool completely, about 2 hours. You may also chill more quickly in the refrigerator.
- When ready, use a 1 ¾-inch oval cookie cutter to cut out shapes as closely as possible. You will have about 30 circles.
Next, make the candy eyes.
- Overturn jumbo candy eyes on a piece of wax or parchment paper. Add a few drops of Super Black food coloring to the paper. With a paint brush, brush the eyes black. Let dry.
- Pipe a highlight with white icing. I prepared royal icing, tinted white, and piped with a size 2 tip. You may also purchase store-bought, prepared white icing.
Third, make the ears and assemble.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place ½ cup of vibrant green candy melts. Microwave for 90 seconds at 70 percent power. Stir, using the residual heat to fully melt the candy. If needed, add another 15 to 30 seconds in the microwave. Transfer to a disposable decorating bag and snip the tip.
- Pipe the ears and place a cereal treat circle on top. Add a dab of candy melts to adhere the eyes. Let set and enjoy!
If you're in a time crunch, to make these Baby Yoda treats even easier... just skip the eyes! They still look like Yoda, and if your guests are at a Star Wars party, they'll figure it out. I promise.
supplies and ingredients to make Rice Krispie Treats
Here are the specific supplies and ingredients I used to make my Baby Yoda Rice Krispie Treats.
how do you make Rice Krispie Treats on the stove-top?
My Baby Yoda cereal treats are microwaved, but you may of course also make the treats on the stove top. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat and add the marshmallows. Continue to melt over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture is very smooth.
Add your food coloring and then pour the mixture over the Rice Krispies cereal in the bowl and follow the rest of the Yoda Rice Krispie Treat instructions.
watch this video to make Baby Yoda Rice Krispie Treats
printable cereal treats recipe
Baby Yoda Rice Krispie Treats
- parchment paper
- disposable decorating bag
- 1 ¾-inch circle cookie cutter
- Electric Green Americolor soft gel paste food coloring
- Super Black Americolor soft gel paste food coloring
- paint brush
- 4 ⅔ cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows (6 cups mini OR 40 regular)
- 60 Jumbo candy eyes
- tube white icing
- ¾ cup vibrant green candy melts Wilton brand
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, lightly grease with cooking spray, butter, or Crisco and set aside.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray (or smear with butter or Crisco). Place the cereal in the bowl and set aside.
- Spray a microwave-safe bowl with cooking spray (or butter/Crisco) and place the marshmallows and butter in the bowl. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir very well, adding an additional 15 to 30 seconds of microwave time, if needed. Stir until very smooth.
- Stir a few drops off Electric Green food coloring into the mixture and stir well.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal. Stir with a spatula very well and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Use a greased spatula to press the treats into a rough circle or rectangle ¾-inch thick. (About 10-inches by 12-inches.) Let set 2 hours. May chill if desired.
- When the treats are chilled, cut into circles with a 1 ¾-inch cutter. You should have about 30 circles.
- While the treats set, prepare the candy eyes. Overturn the eyes on a piece of parchment or wax paper. Add a few drops of black food coloring and use the paint brush to paint the eyes black. Let dry.
- Use the white icing to pipe highlights on the eyes. Let set and set aside.
- Line more baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place the candy melts. Microwave at 70 percent power for 90 seconds. Stir well, using the residual heat to melt the candy. If needed, add 15 to 30 seconds of microwave time. Transfer to the decorating bag and snip the tip.
- On the baking tray, pipe ears and rest a treat circle on top. Pipe two dots on the treat to adhere the eyes. (If needed, melt additional candy melts.)
- Let set and enjoy!