Easy, five-ingredient chocolate peanut butter Rice Krispie Treats are one of the BEST cereal treats I’ve ever tried. Delicious, dense, and chewy, you’ll love this no-bake dessert recipe. Scroll to the end for printable recipe and video how-tos.
chocolate peanut butter Rice Krispie Treats
I know I keep saying each new Rice Krispie Treat recipe is my favorite, but I really think these chocolate peanut butter Rice Krispie Treats are my favorite. (Until the next recipe). They are so good I want to make a million batches and hand deliver them to all of you. Think rich, sweet, chocolate with just the right balance of peanut butter in a slightly-dense, chewy cereal treat. And they are easy to make. We start with the best Rice Krispie Treat recipe, with the perfect proportion of butter, marshmallows, and cereal, and add chocolate and peanut butter.
how to make chocolate peanut butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray or rub with butter or Crisco. Add 4 2/3 cups Rice Krispies cereal. Also grease an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of salted butter on medium-low heat. Remove from the heat as soon as the butter melts.
- Add 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup of peanut butter, and 10 ounces of marshmallows. Return to the stove-top over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until melted and very smooth.
- 10 ounces of marshmallows equals 6 cups of mini marshmallows OR about 40 regular marshmallows
- Jet-Puffed marshmallows recommended and used here.
- TIP: Remove the pan from the heat just the before the marshmallows are fully melted and stir, using the residual heat to completely melt the marshmallows. This will prevent you from scorching the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate, peanut butter, marshmallow mixture over the cereal. Stir gently until the mixture is very well combined. Transfer to the prepared baking pan.
- Use a spatula to evenly press the cereal treats into the pan. Let cool completely, about 2 hours. You may also chill in the refrigerator. Cut into squares.
supplies and ingredients to make Rice Krispie Treats
Here are the specific supplies and ingredients I used to make my chocolate peanut butter Rice Krispie Treats.
how do you keep Rice Krispie Treats from sticking to the pan?
I prefer to use PAM non-stick cooking spray when making Rice Krispie Treats. To make my life much easier and to avoid a sticky mess, I spray:
- the baking pan
- the spatulas I use
- the large bowl with the Rice Krispies
You may also substitute Crisco or softened butter and spread with a paper towel.
watch this video to make chocolate peanut butter cereal treats
printable chocolate peanut butter Rice Krispie Treats
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips Nestle brand used here
- 1 cup peanut butter Smucker's Natural creamy used here
- 10 ounces marshmallows 6 cups mini OR 40 regular
- 4 2/3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Grease an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan and a large bowl with cooking spray, butter, or Crisco. Add the cereal to the large bowl. Set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter.
- Add the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and marshmallows. Heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture is smooth and fully melted.
- Scrape the mixture over the cereal and fold to combine. Stir very well.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking pan. Use a spatula to press the treats evenly into the pan. Chill for 2 hours.
- Cut into squares.
more Rice Krispie Treat recipes