Cinnamon roll Rice Krispie Treats with cream cheese frosting are even better than the real thing! Scroll to the end for printable recipe AND video how-tos.
cinnamon roll Rice Krispie treats
These cinnamon roll Rice Krispie Treats are AMAZING! The aroma is exactly the same as when baking homemade cinnamon rolls, and the flavors are divine. Filled with cinnamon and topped with cream cheese frosting, these no-bake cereal treats are perfection.
As usual, we start with our best-ever basic Rice Krispie treat recipe, but turn them into a delicious treat, inspired by the ooey, gooey classic breakfast roll.
how to make cinnamon roll cereal treats
To make life easier, I spray my all my bowls and spatulas with non-stick canola cooking spray. You can also use coconut oil cooking spray.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray or rub with butter or Crisco. Add 4 2/3 cups Rice Krispies cereal. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, place 4 tablespoons of salted butter and 10 ounces of marshmallows. Microwave for 1 minute on high. Stir until very smooth. (Add another 15 seconds if needed, but try and stir first and use the residual heat to fully melt the butter and marshmallows.)
- Be sure to keep your eye on the marshmallows! They will puff up.
- 10 ounces of marshmallows equals 6 cups of mini marshmallows (usually 1 bag) OR about 40 regular marshmallows.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Pour the cinnamon marshmallow mixture over the cereal. Stir gently until the mixture is very well combined.
- Transfer to the prepared baking tray. Grease a spatula with cooking spray, and flatten into a rough circle or rectangle. The treats should be about 10-inches by 12-inches and 3/4-inch thick. You will not fill the entire baking tray. If desired, sprinkle additional cinnamon on top.
- Let cool completely, about 2 hours. You may also chill more quickly in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- When ready, use a 2 1/4 inch circle cookie cutter to cut out shapes as closely as possible. You will have about 16 to 18 circles.
- Use store-bought cream cheese frosting, or make your own: In a bowl, place 3 ounces cream cheese (softened to room temperature), 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Beat with an electric hand mixer. For thinner frosting, add 1 to 2 teaspoons of milk.
- Scoop the frosting into a disposable decorating bag OR a ziploc bag. Snip the tip and pipe swirls. Note you will have frosting left over! Put the treats in the fridge to set the frosting.
supplies and ingredients to make Rice Krispie Treats
Here are the specific supplies and ingredients I used to make my emoji Rice Krispie Treats.
tips to make cinnamon roll Rice Krispie Treats
- If you don’t want any waste or scraps, instead of spreading the cereal treats on a baking tray and cutting out with a cookie cutter, shape circles with your hands.
- Use any of your favorite cream cheese frosting recipes, or even store-bought!
cinnamon roll rice krispie treats
- cooking spray (canola oil or coconut oil)
- baking tray
- parchment paper
- 2 1/4 inch circle cookie cutter
- 4 2/3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10 ounces marshmallows 6 cups mini OR 40 regular
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon plus additional cinnamon
for the cream cheese frosting
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 teaspoons milk
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and add the cereal. Set aside.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, place the marshmallows and butter. Microwave on high for 1 minutes. Stir very well until the mixture is smooth, using the residual heat to full melt the marshmallows and butter.
- Stir in the cinnamon and pour the mixture over the cereal.
- Use a greased spatula to stir the mixture very well. Transfer to the baking tray.
- Flatten the treats into a rough circle or rectangle about 3/4-inch thick. You won't fill the entire tray. If desired, sprinkle additional cinnamon on top. Let set for 2 hours, or chill for 1 hour.
- Cut out circles with the circle cutter as closely together as possible.
- Prepare the frosting: In a bowl, beat together the cream cheese frosting ingredients.
- Scoop the frosting into a disposable decorating bag OR ziploc bag. Snip the tip and pipe swirls on the treats. To set the frosting, return the treats to the refrigerator.
more cinnamon roll ideas
- Try these silly cinnamon rolls for breakfast.
- Did you know you can make cinnamon roll waffles?
- Check out this cinnamon roll cake!
more awesome cereal treats
You might also like…