Make crispy and chewy marshmallow cereal bars using Kellogg's Corn Pops. It's easy to make delicious Corn Pops Treats using just three ingredients.
Kellogg's Corn Pops are crispy puffs of corn and they taste great when mixed with melted butter and marshmallows.
Marshmallow Corn Pops cereal treats are super easy to make using either the microwave or the stove. I prefer to use the stovetop but the microwave works fine too.
I always start by using our Best Rice Krispie Treat recipe as a guide, but when using cereal with larger pieces, I always need to adjust the ratio of cereal to melted marshmallows.
Tips for making Corn Pops Treats:
Our original crispy treat recipe calls for a ratio of 4 ⅔ cups of cereal to 10 ounces of marshmallows. When using cereal with larger pieces, however, you need to stir in more cereal otherwise your cereal will be too sticky.
You'll add 7 cups of the Corn Pops Cereal to make treats that have just the right amount of chew.
Speaking of chew, to make perfectly chewy cereal treats do not overheat your marshmallows. Follow the instructions in the recipe below carefully so you don't get your marshmallows too hot thereby creating hard not chewy treats.
Let's make Corn Pop Cereal Bars!
Corn Pops Treats
- 1 medium-large saucepan
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 8x8-inch square pan
- 7 cups Kellogg's Corn Pops
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- Grease an 8-inch square pan and a large mixing bowl with butter or baking spray.
- Pour the Corn Pops Cereal into the mixing bowl and set it aside.
- Cut the butter into slices and place them in a medium-large saucepan.
- Place the pan on the stove and heat over LOW heat until the butter begins to melt.
- Add the marshmallows and stir occasionally until about 75% of the marshmallows have melted. This will take 6-8 minutes. Do not raise the temperature to speed up this process.
- Then, remove the pan from the heat and stir the marshmallows until they are all melted.
- Alternatively, you can melt the butter and marshmallows on high power for 1 minute in the microwave. Remove the bowl and stir the marshmallows until they completely melt.
- Do not overheat the marshmallows or your cereal treats will be hard instead of nicely chewy.
- Pour the melted marshmallows over the cereal and stir until well blended.
- Spread into an even layer in the square baking pan.
- Set the treats aside for at least an hour before cutting them into squares.