Emoji Rice Krispie Treats are such a fun and easy snack!
Emoji Rice Krispie Treats
If you’re all about emojis (or have kids all about emojis and looking for a fun food craft to keep them busy), these yummy emoji Rice Krispie Treats are for you.
Add coloring to our perfect, never-fail Rice Krispie treat recipe, cut out circles, and decorate with sprinkles and icing any way you like! I’ve included ideas below, but feel free to make all of your favorite emojis.
how to make emoji treats
You will need some fun sprinkles, food coloring, and black icing. Here, I make my own icing, but you can also purchase a store-bought tube of black icing from the craft store or supermarket. The tear drop sprinkles are from a Wilton-brand collection found at the craft store.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray or rub with butter or Crisco. Add 4 2/3 cups Rice Krispies cereal. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, place 4 tablespoons of salted butter and 10 ounces of marshmallows. Microwave for 1 minute on high. Stir, and microwave for at additional 30 second intervals, if needed. Stir until very smooth.
- Be sure to keep your eye on the marshmallows! They will puff up.
- 10 ounces of marshmallows equals 6 cups of mini marshmallows (usually 1 bag) OR about 40 regular marshmallows.
- Stir a few drops of Americolor Soft Gel Paste Egg Yellow food coloring into the marshmallow mixture and stir very well. Add more drops until desired shade is achieved.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal. Stir gently until the mixture is very well combined.
- Transfer to the prepared baking tray. Grease a spatula with cooking spray (or Crisco or butter) and flatten into a rough circle or rectangle. The treats should be about 10-inches by 12-inches and 3/4-inch thick.
- Let cool completely, about 2 hours. You may also chill more quickly in the refrigerator.
- When ready, use a 2-inch circle cookie cutter to cut out shapes as closely as possible. You will have about 18 circles
- Now decorate! For the black icing, I prepared royal icing, tinted black, and piped with a size 2 tip. You may also purchase a tube of store-bought black icing.
supplies and ingredients to make Rice Krispie Treats
Here are the specific supplies and ingredients I used to make my emoji Rice Krispie Treats.
how do you make Rice Krispie Treats on the stove-top?
My emoji cereal treats are microwaved, but you may of course also make the treats on the stove top. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat and add the marshmallows. Continue to melt over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture is very smooth.
Add your food coloring and then pour the mixture over the Rice Krispies cereal in the bowl and follow the rest of the Rice Krispie Treat instructions.
printable cereal treat recipe
emoji Rice Krispie Treats
- Assorted jumbo candy eyes
- Heart sprinkles
- Tear drop sprinkles
- Tube of black icing OR
- Royal icing tinted black
- Egg Yellow Americolor Soft Gel Paste
- 2-inch circle cookie cutter
- parchment paper
- baking tray
- cooking spray
- 4 2/3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10 ounces marshmallows 40 regular OR 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray and add the cereal. Set aside.
- Place the marshmallows and butter in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir the mixture very well until completely smooth.
- Stir in yellow food coloring until desired shade is achieved.
- Let the cereal treats set about 2 hours. (You may refrigerate to speed up the setting.)
- Use the circle cookie cutter to cut out circles as closely together as possible.
- Decorate! Pipe icing for eyes and mouths. Add sprinkles using dots of icing. Let the icing set before handling.
more emoji ideas
Looking for more emoji ideas?
you might also like…