Cute and easy little Flower Rice Krispie treats with white chocolate are perfect for spring, Mother's Day, or a garden party.
flower Rice Krispie Treats
These flower Rice Krispie Treats with white chocolate are a simple, easy, and fun dessert to make and give.
Arrange a bouquet for a spring or garden party, or give to mom for Mother's Day. Find tips below on how to make a centerpiece or arrangement with Rice Krispie Treats on a stick!
All of our Rice Krispie Treats have unique twists, but the basic recipe is the same!
We taste-tasted so many cereal treats to come up with the perfect Rice Krispie treat recipe. Learn more HERE.
how to make flower Rice Krispie Treats
- Place 4 ⅔ cups Rice Krispies cereal in a large bowl. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Set both aside.
- TIP: Spray the bowl first with cooking spray. You won't believe how much easier it will be to make the treats!
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, melt 4 tablespoons salted butter. As soon as it's melted, add 10 ounces of marshmallows (about 6 cups mini marshmallows or 40 regular-size marshmallows) and ½ cup white chocolate chips. Heat until fully melted and smooth, stirring frequently.
- Fold the marshmallow mixture into the bowl with the cereal. Gently stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Spread the treats on the baking tray evenly into a large circle shape. You will not fill the entire tray. Your circle of treats should be ¾-inch thick and 10 to 12 -inches in diameter. (Don't worry about making a perfect circle, just spread the treats evenly.)
- Let the treats set very well, about 2 hours. You may also chill more quickly in the refrigerator.
- Use a flower cookie cutter to cut out shapes. Depending on how big your cookie cutter is, you may cut out 20 to 40 flowers. The cookie cutter shown here is about 2-inches.
- TIP: If the Rice Krispie treats are thicker than the depth of your cookie cutter, place the flower cutter on the treats and press down with your palm. If needed, use a sharp knife around the cutter.
- Melt about ½ cup of any color candy melts. Place in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 90 seconds at 70 percent power. Stir, using the residual heat to fully melt the candy. If needed, microwave in additional 15 second increments. Transfer to a disposable decorating bag.
- TIP: You can melt candy melts right in the disposable decorating bag in the microwave! Just be sure the candy doesn't get too hot to melt the bag.
- TIP: You can find candy melts in the baking aisle of the craft store.
- Snip the tip from the decorating bag and pipe a dot in the center of the flower Rice Krispie Treat. Place an un-melted yellow candy melt on top. Pipe dots for petals. Let the candy set well, about 30 minutes.
- If you like, insert a lollipop stick!
supplies to make flower Rice Krispie treats
how to make a rice krispie treat arrangement
Do you want to give your bouquet of flower Rice Krispie Treats as a gift? It's easy!
Purchase a container and a Stryofoam block that fits well and very snugly into the container (there should be no movement at all). Insert the flower treats. Add tufts of tissue paper to cover the Styrfoam. For more information on creating an edible arrangement, check out my post on how to make a cookie arrangement.
check out this video on how to make flower cereal treats
printable flower Rice Krispie Treats recipe
flower Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 ⅔ cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 10 ounces marshmallows (6 cups mini or 40 regular-size)
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- ½ cup white chocolate morsels
- yellow candy melts
- assorted colors candy melts
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray. Place the cereal in the bowl and set aside.
- In a large saucepan on medium-low heat, melt the butter, swirling occasionally. As soon as the butter melts, add the marshmallows and white chocolate. Stir frequently and heat until fully melted and smooth.
- Fold the marshmallow mixture into the cereal. Stir well until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Scrape the mixture onto the prepared baking pan. Spread evenly (you won't fill the whole tray) until you have a circle of treats about 10 to 12 inches across and ¾ inch thick.
- Cool very well, about 2 hours. You may also chill in the refrigerator.
- Use a flower cookie cutter to cut out shapes. If the cutter is not as deep as the cereal treats, press the cutter into the treats with your palm. If necessary, use a sharp knife to cut around the cutter.
- To decorate the flowers, place ½ cup of any color candy melts in a microwave-save bowl. Melt at 70 percent power for 90 seconds. Stir, using the residual heat to fully melt the candy. If needed, microwave at additional 15 second intervals. Transfer to a disposable decorating bag.
- Snip the tip of the bag and pipe a dot in the center of a flower treat. Place an un-melted yellow candy melt on top. Pipe dots for the petals.
- Repeat with remaining colors of candy melts. Let set well, about 30 minutes.
- If desired, insert a lollipop stick.
more Rice Krispie Treats ideas