Fruity Pebbles Rice Crispy Treats are brightly colored, gooey marshmallow cereal treats that kids of all ages will love. Plus this no-bake dessert is super easy to make for an afternoon snack and makes a fun treat for any party.
Fruity Pebbles Rice Crispy Treats
If you are a fan of Fruity Pebbles Cereal this is a must-try recipe. These Fruity Pebbles Rice Crispy Treats are a colorful and fruity version of the classic Rice Krispie Treats.
It’s so easy to make these cereal treats just by swapping out the fruit-flavored crisp rice cereal for the standard Rice Krispies Cereal in our BEST Rice Krispie Treat recipe.
We have already found, by doing extensive taste testing, the perfect combination of butter, marshmallows, and cereal, so each batch of cereal treats you make will come out great every time.
How to make Fruity Pebble Cereal Treats
You’ll only need three ingredients to make these treats
- Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows (either mini or regular)*
- European-style salted butter (this butter will seriously enhance the flavor or your cereal treats)
*We found that Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows work the best in our cereal treat recipes. Some store brand marshmallows are far too sticky making the treats difficult to stir and overly gooey. If you use store brand marshmallows, toss in a bit of extra cereal.
- Grease an 8-inch or 9-inch baking pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- I prefer to take a softened pat of butter and spread it around the pan. I just like the flavor the butter imparts to the outside of my cereal treats, but baking spray works fine, as well.
- Directions for making this Rice Krispie treats recipe in a 9-inch by 13-inch pan are below too.
- Place 4 tablespoons of European-style salted butter and 10 ounces of Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows in a large, microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir until the marshmallows begin to melt.
- Continue to stir smashing down on the marshmallows, allowing them to melt even further.
- If needed, heat the marshmallows on high power for an additional 15-second burst of high power, stirring after each, until melted and smooth.
- Pour 5 cups Fruity Pebbles Cereal into a well-buttered large mixing bowl.
- Pour the melted marshmallows over top of the cereal.
- Toss until the cereal is well coated with marshmallows.
- Spread into a well-buttered 8-inch or 9-inch pan.
- Let cool for at least 1 hour before cutting into 16 squares.
- Begin to melt the butter in a medium-large saucepan set over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir occasionally until about 75% of the marshmallows have melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and continue to stir, smashing the marshmallows, until melted and smooth.
- Pour over the cereal then spread into an 8-inch or 9-inch pan, cool, then cut.
NOTE: See our How to Make Rice Krispie Treats FAQ page for more tips and tricks for making perfect cereal treats.
Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles
Large batch of Fruity Pebbles Cereal Treats
- Melt 6 tablespoons salted butter with 16 ounces marshmallows.
- Mix with 7 1/2 cups Fruity Pebbles Cereal.
- Spread into a 9×13 inch pan, cool, cut, enjoy!
I have to admit that these Rice Krispie Treats were just a bit too sweet for my liking, and I have a serious sweet tooth and absolutely love to eat Fruity Pebbles Cereal. The kids I shared them with thought they were amazing though!
If you want to reduce the sweetness slightly, I would recommend using half Fruity Pebbles Cereal and half Rice Krispies Cereal. The rice Krispies with Fruity Pebbles treats will still have that rainbow of colors and will have a nice balanced flavor.
Check out this video to see just how easy it is to make Fruity Pebbles treats at home.
Fruity Pebbles Cereal Treats Video
Do not smash the cereal into the pan.
- Gently spread it into the pan. This will make light, easy-to-bite-into treats.
Do not overheat your marshmallows.
- If you rush the process of melting the marshmallows by cranking up your heat, you will overheat the sugar in the marshmallows, turning that sugar into hard candy, and your treats will be hard.
- Heat the marshmallows and butter on low heat! It takes some time for them to melt, but your patience will be rewarded as you will have ooey, gooey, chewy treats.
Use FRESH marshmallows.
- The fresher your marshmallows, the softer your Fruity Pebbles treats will be.
- Grease your saucepans, bowls, spatulas, and even your hands with either butter (my preference) or non-stick cooking spray to keep the marshmallows from sticking.
If you love Fruity Pebbles you might also like these other Fruity Pebbles recipes:
Fruity Pebbles Rice Crispy Treats Recipe
Fruity Pebbles Rice Crispy Treats
- 4 tablespoons European --style Salted Butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 5 cups Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- Begin melting the butter in a medium-large sauce-pan set over low heat.
- Stir in the marshmallows.
- Allow to melt, stirring occasionally, until about 75% of the marshmallows have melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and continue to stir, smashing the marshmallows with your rubber spatula or spoon, until melted and smooth.
- Pour the cereal into a well-buttered large mixing bowl.
- Pour the marshmallows over the cereal and stir until well combined.
- Gently spread into a well-buttered 8-inch pan.
- Allow the cereal treats to cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into 16 squares.
- If you prefer to use the microwave, heat the butter and marshmallows on high power for 1 minute. Remove and stir vigorously, smashing the marshmallows, until melted. If needed, heat for additional 15 second bursts of high power until melted. Then stir in the Fruity Pebbles Cereal and spread into an 8-inch pan.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Wrap well in non-stick tin foil or wax paper and place in a large zip-top bag to freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature for at least 1 hour before opening the bag.
I hope you enjoy these Fruity Pebbles marshmallow cereal bars. If you love these treats you might also like these other recipes.
more Rice Krispie Treats recipes…