Make perfectly chewy marshmallow Honeycomb Treats using the right ratio of butter, marshmallows, and the honey-infused corn & oat cereal.
If you love Honeycomb cereal, you've got to try this marshmallow crispy treat recipe. The sweet and crunchy honey-infused cereal tastes great when paired with melted butter and marshmallows.
This cereal's honeycomb-shaped puffs of corn and oats are larger than most cereal pieces so you will need to adjust our traditional Rice Krispie Treat recipe when making this cereal treat recipe.
If you use our standard ratio of 4 tablespoons butter, 10 ounces marshmallows, and 4 ⅔ cup Rice Krispies Cereal, your Honeycomb Marshmallow Treats will be too sticky. You'll need to add more cereal.
Tips for making Corn Pops Treats:
Use 8 cups of Honeycomb Cereal to make perfectly chewy treats.
Do not overheat your marshmallows. We recommend melting your butter and marshmallows on the stove because you can control the heat better than in the microwave. See our microwave Rice Krispie Treat recipe if you prefer to use your microwave.
Heat the butter and marshmallows on LOW heat. If your marshmallows get too hot, the sugar will crystalize causing your treats to be hard.
Take the marshmallows off the heat before they are all melted. Allow the residual heat in the pan to melt the marshmallows. You'll get perfectly chewy treats when you follow these recipe instructions.
Pour the melted marshmallows over the cereal instead of mixing the cereal into the hot pan. Your cereal will stay crispy if they aren't overheated. If you pour the cereal into the pan, your treats can get soggy and will taste stale.
Let's make Honeycomb Cereal Treats!
- 1 8-inch or 9-inch square pan
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 medium-large saucepan
- 8 cups Honeycomb Cereal
- 4 tablespoons salted butter (Use European-style butter for the best flavor!)
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- Grease the baking pan and mixing bowl with butter or baking spray.
- Pour the cereal into the greased bowl and set aside.
- Cut the butter into slices and place them in a medium-large saucepan.
- Place the pan on the stove and heat over LOW heat until the butter begins to melt.
- Add the marshmallows and stir occasionally until about 75% of the marshmallows have melted. This will take 6-8 minutes. Do not raise the temperature to speed up this process.
- Then, remove the pan from the heat and stir the marshmallows until they are all melted.
- Alternatively, you can melt the butter and marshmallows on high power for 1 minute in the microwave. Remove the bowl and stir the marshmallows until they completely melt. Do not overheat the marshmallows or your cereal treats will be hard instead of nicely chewy.
- Pour the melted marshmallows over the cereal and stir until well blended.
- Spread into an even layer in the square baking pan.
- Set the treats aside for at least an hour before cutting them into squares.
- Store your Honeycomb Treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- You can wrap the treats in plastic wrap or tin foil and place them in a zip-top bag and freeze them for up to 3 months.
Large Batch IngredientsMake these treats using a 9x13-inch pan.
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 16 ounces marshmallows
- 12 ½ cups Honeycomb Cereal.
Please leave a comment.