Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with these fun and easy 3-ingredient Lucky Charms treats! Scroll to the end for video how-tos and a printable recipe.
Lucky Charms Crispy Treats
If you’re looking for a perfect St. Patrick’s Day dessert, try these Lucky Charms treats! We simply used our perfect, never-fail Rice Krispie treat recipe and substituted Lucky Charms cereal. You need only three ingredients and a few minutes to whip these up.
And bonus, much to my daughter’s delight, Lucky Charms now has unicorns! Not that unicorns have any thing to do with St. Patrick’s Day, but I’m sure leprechauns ride them.
how to make Lucky Charms Bar Treats
Good news! It’s easy. You’ll only need Lucky Charms cereal, marshmallows, and salted butter. Be sure to separate some extra cereal marshmallows to sprinkle on top!
Step one: Prepare!
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray or rub with butter or Crisco. Add 4 2/3 cups Lucky Charms cereal. Also grease an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan and set aside.
Step two: Melt the marshmallows and butter
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, place 4 tablespoons of salted butter and 10 ounces of marshmallows. Microwave for 1 minute on high. Stir, and microwave for at additional 30 second intervals, if needed. Stir until very smooth.
- Be sure to keep your eye on the marshmallows! They will puff up.
- 10 ounces of marshmallows equals 6 cups of mini marshmallows (usually 1 bag) OR about 40 regular marshmallows.
Step three: Put it all together
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal. Stir gently until the mixture is very well combined.
- Transfer to the prepared baking pan. Use a spatula to evenly press the cereal treats into the pan.
Step four: Enjoy!
- Let cool completely, about 2 hours. You may also chill in the refrigerator. Cut into 25 squares for small treats or 16 for larger treats.
- TIP: Add some additional Lucky Charms marshmallows on top!
supplies and ingredients to make Lucky Charms Treats
Here are the specific supplies and ingredients I used to make my cereal treats.
how do you make the cereal treats on the stove-top?
The instructions above are for microwave treats, but you may of course also make the treats on the stove top. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat and add the marshmallows.
Continue to melt over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture is very smooth. Pour the mixture over the cereal in the bowl and follow the instructions above.
how do you make a larger batch of Rice Krispie treats?
I prefer making smaller batches of crispy treats, in 8-inch or 9-inch square pans, because I find it much more manageable. However, you can absolutely make this cereal treat recipe in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. To do so, adjust your measurements as follows:
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 16 ounces of marshmallows (just over 9 cups of mini marshmallows OR about 68 regular marshmallows)
- 7 cups Lucky Charms cereal
watch this video to make Lucky Charms treats
printable Lucky Charms treats recipe
Lucky Charms treats
- 8 or 9 inch square baking pan
- non-stick foil or parchment paper
- non-stick cooking spray
- 4 2/3 cups Lucky Charms cereal Plus additional cereal marshmallows
- 10 ounces marshmallows 40 large OR 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- Line an 8 or 9-inch baking pan with non-stick foil or lightly greased parchment and set aside.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray, add the cereal, and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place the marshmallows and butter. Microwave for 1 minute. Stir the mixture very well, until smooth.
- Pour the marshmallow mixture over the cereal and stir very well with a spatula that has been greased with cooking spray.
- Transfer to the prepared baking pan and press evenly with a spatula.
- Let cool 2 hours. You may refrigerate to speed things up.
- Cut into 25 squares for small treats (or 16 for larger).
more St. Patrick’s Day food ideas
- Find a roundup of 30 St. Patrick’s Day food ideas here and 40 rainbow food ideas here.
- Find more awesome St. Patrick’s Day food ideas HERE, including cupcakes, candies, cookies, and more.
- Good Housekeeping has a St. Patrick’s Day food roundup that includes dinner ideas.
more Rice Krispie Treats ideas
Check out these colorful Rice Krispie treats that would also be fun for St. Patrick’s Day.