Nutella Rice Krispie Treats may be my new favorite dessert. The chocolate hazelnut flavor is perfectly complemented by the cereal and marshmallows, and you only need four ingredients. Scroll to the end for a video and printable recipe.
Nutella Rice Crispy Treats
If you love the popular chocolate hazelnut spread, then you’re going to want to buy the largest jar available, because Nutella Rice Krispie Treats are just about the best thing to happen to Nutella since… well, Nutella. And you only need four ingredients.
Have questions about making no-bake cereal treats? Check out our BEST basic recipe and our FAQ page. (Or leave a comment and we’ll be happy to help!)
how to make Nutella Rice Krispie Treats
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray or rub with butter or Crisco. Add 4 2/3 cups Rice Krispies cereal. Also grease an 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of salted butter on medium-low heat. Remove from the heat as soon as the butter melts.
- Add 1 cup of Nutella and 10 ounces of marshmallows. Return to the stove-top over medium-low heat, stirring frequently until melted and very smooth.
- 10 ounces of marshmallows equals 6 cups of mini marshmallows OR about 40 regular marshmallows
- TIP: Remove the pan from the heat just the before the marshmallows are fully melted and stir, using the residual heat to completely melt the marshmallows. This will prevent you from scorching the mixture.
- Pour the Nutella, butter, and marshmallow mixture over the cereal. Stir gently until the mixture is very well combined. Transfer to the prepared baking pan.
- Use a spatula to evenly press the cereal treats into the pan. Let cool completely, about 2 hours. You may also chill in the refrigerator. Cut into squares.
supplies and ingredients to make Rice Krispie Treats
Here are the specific supplies and ingredients I used to make my Nutella Rice Crispy Treats.
Watch this video to make Nutella Rice Krispie Treats
printable Nutella Rice Krispie Treats recipe
Nutella Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 2/3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows 6 cups mini OR about 40 regular
- 1 cup Nutella spread
- Grease a large bowl and an 8 or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray, softened butter, or shortening.
- Place the cereal in the large bowl and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter.
- As soon as the butter melts, add the marshmallows and Nutella. Heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture is melted and very smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the cereal. Stir well to combine. Transfer to the baking pan.
- Gently press the treats into the pan so the top is even. Let cool very well.
- Cut into squares.
more Rice Krispie Treats recipes