Load up your marshmallow cereal treats with bits of chocolate and vanilla sandwich cookies to make the most amazing OREO Rice Krispie Treats ever!
Each of these rice crispy treats is packed with OREO Cookie pieces and just a smidgen of white chocolate to give them a wonderful cookies ‘n cream flavor.
There are mix-ins that elevate a cereal treat to the next level and these OREO Rice Krispie Treats filled with OREO Cookie pieces and a bit of white chocolate are definitely a step above other crispy treats.
The crunchy chocolate sandwich cookies with bits of vanilla cream blended with buttery, melted marshmallows and Rice Krispies Cereal are made even better by the addition of a bit of melted white chocolate.
I’ve been making a lot of cereal treats lately and even with an abundance of different treats hanging around our kitchen, these were the ones I kept reaching for. I can’t get enough of them!
Look at all that ooey gooey goodness. Don’t they look amazing?
These treats are so good and you’ll be happy to know that they are quick and easy to make either in the microwave or on the stove.
How to make OREO Rice Krispie Treats
Start by melting the butter, marshmallows, and white chocolate chips either on the stove or in the microwave then toss in the OREO Cookie pieces and Rice Krispies Cereal.
Stove Top Method
- Grease an 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with either butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour 4 tablespoons of European Salted Butter*, 1/3 cup white chocolate chips, and 10 ounces mini or regular sized marshmallows into a large saucepan.
- Set the pan over low heat and allow to melt, stirring often, until about 75% of the marshmallows are melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and continue to stir until all the marshmallows and white chocolate melt.
- Stir in 4 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal and 14 OREO Cookies, broken into pieces.
- Gently press the cereal treats into the prepared pan.
- Break up 2 more OREO Cookies and add on top of the treats in spots where there are no cookies.
- Let the treats cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into 16 squares.
- Combine 4 tablespoons of European Salted Butter*, 1/3 cup white chocolate chips, and 10 ounces mini or regular sized marshmallows.
- Heat on high power for 1 minute then remove and stir until the marshmallows and white chocolate chips begin to melt.
- Heat for additional 15 seconds then let the bowl sit in the microwave for a minute before removing.
- Stir until the marshmallows and white chocolate melt and blend together with the butter.
- Keep stirring! The heat from the melted marshmallows will continue to melt the bits of marshmallows that remain.
- Of course, every microwave heats differently so at this point if your marshmallows are still not fully melted you can heat for 15-second bursts of high power, stirring after each until fully melted.
- Just be careful to not overheat the marshmallows. If they get too hot they will become more like hard candy and will create hard rice Krispie treats.
- Stir in 4 cups of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Cereal and 14 OREO Cookies that are broken into small pieces.
- Gently press the cereal treats into a prepared pan.
- Immediately break up 2 more OREO Cookies and press the pieces on top of the cereal treats, adding them where there are no cookie chunks.
- Set aside to cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into 16 squares.
*Why you should use European-Style Salted Butter
- When creating our BEST Rice Krispie Treats recipe we had 20 people taste test many different brands of butter in our recipe and found that everyone unanimously agreed that European salted butter makes the most flavorful rice crispy treats.
- We choose to use either President Salted Butter, Kerrygold, or Kroger Private Selection French Cream Butter but Land O Lakes new European Butter tastes really nice in these cereal treats too.
- Does salted butter really matter? Yes! It really does make better tasting treats.
How to prepare my pan?
- I prefer to use a non-stick pan to make my cereal treats because even as gooey as they can be they won’t stick much to a non-stick pan.
- To ensure the treats won’t stick I like to butter the pan first.
- You can also spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray if you prefer.
- If you use a glass pan it will be essential that you butter or spray the pan.
- You can use an 8-inch or 9-inch pan with this recipe.
Can I use a 9″X13″ inch pan?
- Yes, but you will need to adjust the quantities…
How to make a larger batch of these OREO Cookie Cereal Treats?
- Melt 6 tablespoons European Salted Butter, 16 ounces marshmallows, and 1/2 cup white chocolate chips.
- Stir in 6 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal and 18 OREO Cookies, broken into small pieces.
- Spread into a 9 inch by 13 inch, greased, pan,
- Top with 3 or 4 more OREO Cookies, broken into pieces.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into 24 pieces.
What type of white chocolate to use?
- I added 1/3rd cup of Nestle Premier White Morsels. I really like the nice vanilla flavor the chips add to these cookies and cream style cereal bars.
- You can use any white chocolate that you enjoy eating, just be sure to chop it finely, if using bars or blocks of white chocolate.
OREO Rice Crispy Treat Video
Be sure to rate the recipe using the star rating system in the comment section below.
Rice Krispie Treats with OREO Cookies Recipe
OREO Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 tablespoons European Style Salted Butter, cut into small pieces
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal
- 16 OREO Cookies, broken into small pieces
- Combine the butter, marshmallows, and white chocolate chips in a large microwave safe bowl and heat on high power for one minute.
- Remove an stir until melted.
- If needed, continue to heat for 15 second increments, stirring after each, until melted.
- Optionally, you can melt the butter, marshmallows, and white chocolate chips in a large saucepan set over low heat on the stove top.
- Pour in the Rice Krispies Cereal and about 12 of the OREO Cookie (broken into pieces).
- Spread into a buttered, non-stick 8-inch pan then press the remaining cookie pieces on top.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into 16 squares.
How to store marshmallow cereal treats?
- Your cereal treats will taste best if eaten within the first few days but they will stay crispy and fresh for up to 10 days if stored properly in an airtight container or large zip-top bag.
- Do not refrigerate the treats as they may become soggy and soft.
- You can freeze them if you wrap them well in plastic wrap, over-wrap them in tin foil, then place them in a large zip-top bag. They’ll keep for up to 3 months.
For more tips and tricks for making perfect cereal treats be sure to check out our Cereal Treats FAQ page.
You might also like these other cereal treat recipes…