Adults and kids alike will fall in love with these chewy Raisin Bran Crunch Cereal Bars.
Each marshmallow treat is loaded with toasted bran flakes, honey-glazed oat clusters, and plump, juicy raisins and is flavored with a sprinkling of cinnamon.
These marshmallow cereal treats are a little more adult-friendly than our Fruit Loops Cereal Bars, Fruity Pebbles Marshmallow Cereal Treats, Reese's Puffs Cereal Treats, and Cap'n Crunch Cereal Treats.
Not that adults don't love sugar-coated kid's cereals! I sure do. But, many prefer the flavors of adult cereals like Raisin Bran.
I figured, why not try to make some cereal treats using adult-friendly cereal.
As I stood in the cereal aisle, contemplating my recipe, I reached for a box of Raisin Bran Crunch.
I knew the toasted bran flakes were larger and crispier than the flakes in Raisin Bran and the cereal is loaded with crunchy oat clusters that are coated in honey before baking to make them extra crunchy.
I made the right choice. The Raisin Bran Crunch held up perfectly when mixed with melted butter and marshmallows and the raisins added a nice flavor and chew.
how to make Raisin Bran Cereal Bars...
RAISIN BRAN CRUNCH CEREAL
- You'll use 7 cups of Raisin Bran Crunch Cereal or 13.56 ounces or 385 grams.
- Raisin Bran Crunch has toasted bran flakes, crunchy honey-coated oat clusters, and plump, juicy raisins.
- Regular Raisin Bran Cereal will work in this recipe but the texture will be really soft.
- You'll need 10 ounces of marshmallows.
- Always use the freshest marshmallows you have on hand. Fresh marshmallows make more delicately chewy treats.
- While different brands of marshmallows weigh slightly differently, you can usually use 40 regular-size OR 6 cups of mini marshmallows.
- Use a scale or the measurement on the bag as a guide.
- We have found that European-style salted butter provides the best flavor in our cereal treats recipes. You'll be amazed at the difference good butter will make in this recipe.
- We recommend using KeriGold or President Butter but Kroger Private Selection French-style Butter is great too.
TOOLS YOU'LL NEED:
- 8-inch or 9-inch square baking pan
- large mixing bowl
- silicone spatula or large mixing spoon
- butter or cooking spray to grease your pan, bowl, and spatula (I prefer the flavor of butter, but the non-stick spray works too.)
buy ingredients & supplies
You can find the ingredients and supplies to make these Raisin Bran Crunch marshmallow cereal treats from Amazon. I earn a small commission for any sales when you use the links below at NO extra cost to you.
Cereal treats made using European butter will have a richer flavor and creamier texture.
buy ingredients & supplies
You can find the ingredients and supplies to make these Raisin Bran marshmallow cereal treats from Amazon. I earn a small commission for any sales when you use the links below at NO extra cost to you.
Let's make some Raisin Bran Crunch Cereal Bars...
step one: prep your equipment
- Grease a large mixing bowl, an 8-inch or 9-inch pan, and a silicone spatula with softened butter or spray with baking spray.
- Pour 7 cups of Raisin Bran Crunch Cereal into the bowl.
step two: melt the butter and marshmallows
- Cut 4 tablespoons of European-style salted butter into 4 pieces.
- Place in a medium saucepan and set over low heat.
- Using low heat is important. It will allow your marshmallows to melt slowly and not overheat.
- If you overheat your marshmallows, the sugars in the marshmallows will begin to caramelize so when you blend them with the cereal they will produce hard treats instead of chewy treats.
- Allow the butter to begin melting, then stir in 10 ounces of marshmallows.
- I prefer using mini marshmallows as they melt quickly but you can use traditional large marshmallows as well.
- Just be sure to stir them often, so they don't overheat.
- Continue to heat over low heat, stirring often, until about 75% of the marshmallows have melted.
- Then remove the pan from the heat and stir the marshmallows vigorously, smashing them as needed, until melted.
- By taking the pan off the stove at this point, you will ensure your marshmallows don't overheat and stay nice and soft.
- It may take a minute of stirring before all the marshmallows melt. Just keep stirring and smashing. You'll thank me when you have delicately chewy treats that are easy to eat.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
alternate microwave method:
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, place 4 tablespoons of salted butter and 10 ounces of marshmallows.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute then remove and stir vigorously, using the residual heat to fully melt the marshmallows.
- Once again, you don't want to overheat the marshmallows as this causes your cereal treats to be too hard.
- You need to use a large mixing bowl when melting the marshmallows in the microwave as the marshmallows will puff up a lot.
- If needed, you may microwave for additional 15-second intervals, stirring vigorously until melted.
- Stir in the cinnamon.
step three: mix everything together
- Pour the melted marshmallow mixture over the Raisin Bran Crunch Cereal in the bowl.
- Stir gently until all of the cereal is coated evenly.
step four: spread into pan
- Spread the cereal treat mixture into the greased pan and gently press it into an even layer.
- Let the pan of treats cool at room temperature for about 1 hour.
- Remove from the pan and cut into squares.
Did you make this recipe or have questions? Let me know by leaving a comment and rating the recipe below.
See more fun crispy treat recipes below the recipe card.
Raisin Bran Crunch Cereal Bars
- 8-inch or 9-inch square pan
- large mixing bowl
- silicone spatula or wooden spoon
- butter or non-stick spray to grease equipment
- medium-large saucepan
- 7 cups Raisin Bran Crunch Cereal
- 4 tablespoons European-style salted butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Grease a large mixing bowl, an 8-inch or 9-inch square pan, and a large silicone spatula with butter or baking spray.
- Pour the Raisin Bran Crunch Cereal into the mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- Begin melting the butter in a medium-large saucepan set over low heat.
- Toss in the marshmallows and stir occasionally until about 75% of the marshmallows have melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir vigorously, smashing the marshmallows, allowing them to melt until smooth.
- Stir in the cinnamon.
- Pour the melted marshmallows over top of the Raisin Bran Crunch cereal.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Gently press the cereal mixture into the prepared pan.
- Let cool for about an hour before cutting into 16 squares.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Microwave Directions:
- Heat the butter and marshmallows on high power, in a large mixing bowl, for 1 minute.
- Remove and stir vigorously until melted, smashing the marshmallows to help them melt.
- If needed, heat for additional 15-second increments, stirring vigorously after each, until melted and smooth.
- Pour over cereal then follow the instructions above.
Storaging your cereal treats:
- These treats are best served the day they are made but will stay nice and fresh if stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week and possibly longer. I ate my final treat on day 7 and it was still crispy and delicious!
- If you'd like to make these treats in advance you may freeze them.
- See our Rice Krispie Treat FAQ for information regarding freezing and storage.
More Cereal Treat Recipes:
You might also like these other cereal treat recipes:
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal Bars
Please leave a comment.