What happens when you mash up two sweet summer classics? You get the BEST no-bake dessert ever: S’mores Rice Krispie Treats! Scroll to the end for a video and printable recipe.
s’mores Rice Krispie Treats
These s’mores Rice Krispie Treats were so incredibly delicious, I couldn’t stop eating them. So easy to make, they are filled with grahams, marshmallows, and chocolate for a perfect summer dessert idea (without the need for open flames).
how to make s’mores Rice Crispy Treats
To make these treats, I started with our best-ever, no-fail basic cereal treats recipe , and mixed in chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, and grahams for an awesome dessert mash-up. I used Golden Grahams cereal instead of graham crackers, because I love the texture and taste, and because they are a bit sturdier, but you may also substitute broken graham crackers if you prefer.
- Spray a large bowl with cooking spray or rub with softened butter or shortening (like Crisco). Add 4 2/3 cups Rice Krispies cereal. Grease a 9-inch baking pan and set aside.
- I will often interchange the 8 and 9-inch baking pans for my rice crispy treats, but because this recipe calls for all the mix-ins, which take up space, it worked best in the 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, place 4 tablespoons of salted butter and 10 ounces of marshmallows. Microwave on high for 1 minute and stir very, very well, using the residual heat to fully melt the marshmallows.
- Keep your eye on the microwave, as the marshmallows will puff up.
- If needed, you may microwave for additional 15-second intervals, but the lest oven time the better.
- 10 ounces of marshmallows is 6 cups of mini marshmallows OR about 40 to 42 regular-size marshmallows.
- For stove-top instructions, visit our FAQ page.
- Scrape the marshmallow mixture over the Rice Krispies in the bowl. Stir gently until all of the cereal is coated evenly. Let the mixture cool about 30 seconds.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of mini marshmallows, 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup of broken Golden Grahams cereal.
- Use a spatula to evenly press the cereal treats into the pan. If desired, sprinkle additional Golden Grahams, mini marshmallows, and chocolate chips on top and press into the treats with your palms.
- Let cool completely, about 1 hour. Cut into squares.
supplies and ingredients to make Rice Krispie Treats
Here are the specific supplies and ingredients I used to make my s’mores treats.
Watch this video to make s’mores Rice Crispy Treats
printable s’mores Rice Krispie Treats recipe
s'mores Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 2/3 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows 6 cups mini OR 40 regular size
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Golden Grahams cereal, broken
- additional mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, Golden Grahams optional
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray, softened butter, or Crisco and set aside.
- Grease a large bowl and add the Rice Krispies cereal. Set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl, place the butter and marshmallows. Heat on high for 1 minute, watching that the marshmallows don't puff over the side of the bowl. Stir very well until the mixture has deflated and is very smooth. If needed, microwave at additional 15 second intervals.
- Pour the mixture over the cereal and fold gently until all of the cereal is evenly coated. Let cool about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and broken Golden Grahams. Transfer to the baking pan.
- Press the mixture gently and evenly in the pan.
- If desired, sprinkle additional mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and broken grahams cereal over the top and press with your palms into the treats.
- Let the treats cool at least one hour and cut into squares.
more twists on s’mores
If you like this recipe, check out:
- colorful rainbow s’mores dip
- snack on s’mores popcorn
- classic s’mores pops
- delicious s’mores cheesecake sticks
more Rice Krispie Treats recipes