s'mores Rice Krispie Treats
Awesome no-bake summer treat with chocolate, grahams, and marshmallows: S'mores Rice Krispie Treats!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 min
Cool for1 hr
Total Time1 hr 16 mins
Servings: 16 treats
- 4 2/3 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows 6 cups mini OR 40 regular size
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Golden Grahams cereal, broken
- additional mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, Golden Grahams optional
Grease a 9-inch square baking pan with cooking spray, softened butter, or Crisco and set aside.
Grease a large bowl and add the Rice Krispies cereal. Set aside.
In a large, microwave-safe bowl, place the butter and marshmallows. Heat on high for 1 minute, watching that the marshmallows don't puff over the side of the bowl. Stir very well until the mixture has deflated and is very smooth. If needed, microwave at additional 15 second intervals.
Pour the mixture over the cereal and fold gently until all of the cereal is evenly coated. Let cool about 30 seconds.
Stir in the mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and broken Golden Grahams. Transfer to the baking pan.
Press the mixture gently and evenly in the pan.
If desired, sprinkle additional mini marshmallows, chocolate chips, and broken grahams cereal over the top and press with your palms into the treats.
Let the treats cool at least one hour and cut into squares.