Your baby shower party guests will go ga-ga over these adorable baby shower Rice Krispie Treats shaped like onesies, rattles, bibs, and baby bottles. Each treat is decorated with soft and chewy modeling chocolate and is embellished with white candy melt hearts to make them look even sweeter.
If you are hosting a baby shower you can make the most adorable cereal treats decorated like onesies, rattles, bibs, and baby bottles using cookie cutters.
When I was asked to create a baby shower dessert for a friend who loves Rice Krispie treats, I bought myself a set of baby shower cookie cutters and got to work on these festive treats.
I could have dipped my treats in candy melts or decorated the treats with royal icing but I wanted my treats to be soft and chewy so I chose to top them with modeling chocolate.
Why decorate with modeling chocolate?
Modeling chocolate is made using just two ingredients: chocolate and corn syrup.
It looks like fondant but tastes like chocolate. In this case, it tastes like white chocolate.
The recipe for the modeling chocolate is below, but if you’d like to read more detailed instructions and troubleshooting tips, in case your modeling chocolate becomes greasy, dry, or crumbly, be sure to check out my Modeling Chocolate Recipe and Tutorial over at Hungry Happenings.
Cut out shapes.
To make these treats, you’ll start by making a batch of the Best Rice Krispie Treats Ever.
Then you’ll cut them using baby shower shaped cookie cutters. The number of treats you’ll get out of each batch will be determined by the size of your cookie cutters.
I used a large onesie cutter and only got 8 out of one batch of cereal treats. If desired, you can press the scraps into the cookie cutter to create a few more.
Add modeling chocolate decoration.
Roll out some blue or pink modeling chocolate to about 1/16-inch thickness and use the same cookie cutters to cut out matching shapes.
Pipe or spread melted white candy melts over the cereal treat then gently press the modeling chocolate on top.
Pipe on embellishments.
Pipe decorations onto each treat.
For the onesie, I added seam lines and a heart.
Arrange on a dessert plate.
The other baby shower shapes were also embellished with hearts and polka dots and looked so cute served together on a platter.
My friend thought they were so adorable and the party guests raved about the flavor and texture of the treats.
Watch the video to see just how easy they are to make.
Baby Shower Rice Krispie Treats
- baby shower cookie cutters
- squeeze bottle or pastry bag fitted with a #3 round tip
Rice Krispie Treats
- 6 tablespoons European salted butter
- 16 ounces Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
- 7 cups Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal
- 10 ounces light blue or pastel pink candy melts
- 1/4 cup corn syrup, plus more if needed
- 4 ounces white candy melts
Rice Krispie Treats
- Grease a 9 inch by 13-inch pan with butter.
- Combine the butter and marshmallows in a large microwave-safe mixing bowl.
- Heat in the microwave for 1 minute then remove and stir until melted.
- If needed, heat for additional 15-second increments stirring after each until melted.
- Stir in the Rice Krispie Cereal and press gently into an even layer in the buttered pan.
Stove Top Instructions
- Combine the butter and marshmallows in a medium saucepan.
- Heat over low heat, stirring often, until mostly melted.
- Remove from the heat and continue to stir until completely melted.
- Pour over the rice crispy cereal and stir to combine then spread into the buttered pan.
- Let the cereal treats cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting out shapes using baby shower cookie cutters.
- Melt the colored candy melts in the microwave in 30-second bursts of high power until 75% of the wafers have melted.
- Continue to stir the candy until all of the wafers have melted.
- Check the temperature of the candy. Once it cools to 91 degree Fahrenheit then stir in the corn syrup.
- Pour the thick mixture into a zip-top bag or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap.
- Let it rest at room temperature for about an hour.
- Remove the modeling chocolate from the package then knead it until smooth.
- Roll it out to about 1/16-inch thickness on a silicone mat using a fondant roller (or dust a cutting board and wooden rolling pin with corn starch).
- Cut out the same baby shower shapes.
Decorating the treats
- Pipe melted white candy melts over top of a rice krispie treat then press a similarly shaped cut-out of the modeling chocolate over top.
- Pipe white candy melts around the outer edges of the modeling chocolate decoration and add any embellishments like little hearts and polka dots.
- Let the candy melts dry for at least 30 minutes before stacking or packaging your cereal treats.
- If you use store brand marshmallows, they may be stickier and make denser Rice Krispie treats. I recommend adding an additional cup of Rice Krispies Cereal to lighten up your treats.
- If desired, you can press any scraps into your cookie cutters to create more shaped cereal treats. They will be slightly denser in texture but once decorated will look exactly the same.
If you love making rice crispy treats for your parties and special occasions you might also enjoy making these…
Unicorn Cereal Treats would also be cute to serve at a baby shower.
Baby Yoda rice crispy treats are so cute too.