Enjoy the warm delicately spiced flavors of a speculoos cookie in a crispy and chewy marshmallow cereal treat. Each of these Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats is loaded with creamy cookie butter and bits of Biscoff cookies.
If you love the rich caramel flavor of Biscoff Cookies (speculoos cookies), you will find these cereal treats irresistible.
I sure did!
Each marshmallow treat is made by blending Biscoff cookie butter with melted butter and marshmallows and tossing the gooey mixture with Rice Krispies Cereal and Biscoff Cookie pieces.
To make these treats I started by using our Best Rice Krispie Treats recipe as a base. After taste-testing 20 versions of the rice crispy recipe, we found the perfect ratio of cereal (4 ⅔ cups) to marshmallows (10 ounces) and butter (4 tablespoons).
For this recipe, you will add ½ cup of Biscoff Cookie Butter so you will need to increase the amount of cereal from 4 ⅔ cups to 5 cups and add 6 Biscoff Cookies broken into pieces (and 1 more on top) so that the treats firm up nicely.
To make Biscoff Rice Crispy Bars you will need:
Biscoff Cookie Butter
- Biscoff Cookie Butter has a texture similar to peanut butter but it is made from ground speculoos cookies. The spread is smooth and creamy and it has a caramelized brown sugar, butter, and spice flavor (cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves).
- ½ cup of Biscoff Cookie Spread will give your cereal treats just the right amount of speculoos cookie flavor without making them too soft.
If you love Biscoff Cookies you might also like these other peanut butter recipes:
- We found in our taste testing that the best marshmallows to use are Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows.
- I prefer to use miniature marshmallows as they melt faster but a traditional, large, marshmallow works fine too.
- Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows melt easily and they produce a nice gooey Rice Krispie Treat but they are not too sticky.
- You can use other brands of marshmallows, but just know that the texture may be quite different. We found Kroger and Walmart brands of marshmallows are seriously sticky, hard to stir and produce an overly chewy cereal treat.
- We always recommend using a good quality, European-style, salted butter to make your treats. It seriously makes a huge difference in flavor! However, being the Biscoff Cookie Butter will add so much flavor to these treats, the flavor of the butter isn't quite as important.
- Our favorite brands of butter are Kerrygold, President European-Style Salted Butter, and Private Selection French Cream Salted Butter.
- European-style butter has a higher cream content (less water) than an American brand of butter, making your cereal treats extra creamy!
- We always recommend using Kellogg's Rice Krispies Cereal because the crisp rice has just the right texture and flavor, but we also found that Kroger brand and Walmart brands taste good too.
- We do not recommend using the Market Pantry brand from Target though, as the cereal is just too hard and crunchy.
How to make Marshmallow Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats on the stove:
Step 1 - melt butter & Biscoff cookie butter
- Begin to melt 4 tablespoons of salted butter and ½ cup of Biscoff Cookie Butter in a medium saucepan set over low heat.
Step 2 - add marshmallows
- Stir in the marshmallows.
- Continue to stir frequently until about 75% of the marshmallows have melted.
- Then remove from the heat and continue to stir, pressing down on the marshmallows, until they have all melted.
step 3 - stir marshmallows into cereal and cookies
- Butter a large mixing bowl and toss in 5 cups of Rice Krispie Treats.
- Break 6 Biscoff Cookies into small pieces and add to the cereal.
- Pour the Biscoff marshmallow mixture over the cereal and cookies then stir until evenly coated.
step 4 - press into pan
- Gently press into a well-buttered 8-inch or 9-inch pan.
- Break 1 more Biscoff Cookie into small crumbs and sprinkle them over top of the crispy treats.
- Press down to ensure the cookie crumbs stick.
- Let the cereal treats cool for about an hour before cutting into 16 squares.
alternative microwave method:
- Combine 4 tablespoons butter with ½ cup Biscoff Cookie Butter and 10 ounces marshmallows in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat in the microwave on high power for one minute.
- Let the bowl sit in the microwave for about a minute before removing it.
- Stir, smashing the marshmallows, until melted. This can take a minute.
- If the marshmallows are not all melted after stirring for a while, you can heat them for additional 15-second increments, stirring after each, until melted.
- Finish using the instructions above.
Large batch recipe:
- Use either method above with these quantities:
- 6 ounces salted butter
- ¾ cup Biscoff Cookie Butter
- 16 ounces marshmallows
- 7 ½ cups rice crispy cereal
- 10 Biscoff Cookies, broken into small pieces
- Press into a 9" X 13" pan.
- It's preferable to let your Rice Krispie treats cool before cutting, but seriously you can cut into them right away if you just can't wait.
- If you use a good quality non-stick pan you can skip buttering your pan. The treats will probably slide right out.
- You can also use cooking spray, but I personally prefer the flavor of butter on the cereal treats.
- Speaking of butter, it is always good to butter your spatula or spoon too so that the gooey marshmallows don't stick.
- For more tips and tricks for making cereal treats be sure to check out our Cereal Treat FAQ page.
How to store cereal treats.
- It's best to store your Rice Krispie treats in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Your treats will taste best if eaten within a few days, but honestly, they will still taste great a week or even two weeks after you make them.
- The treats will lose a little bit of their crunchiness over time but they're still pretty darn tasty!
Can you freeze these treats?
- Yes! Just be sure to wrap the treats really well in non-stick tin foil or wax paper before placing them in a freezer bag or airtight container.
- Then place them in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Did you make this recipe or have questions? Let me know by leaving a comment and rating the recipe below.
Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats
- 8-inch or 9-inch square pan
- medium saucepan
- large mixing bowl
- 5 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 7 Biscoff Cookies
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- ½ cup Biscoff Cookie Butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- Grease a large mixing bowl and an 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with butter or baking spray.
- Pour the Rice Krispies Cereal into the bowl.
- Break up 6 of the Biscoff Cookies and toss in with the cereal.
- Begin to melt the butter and Biscoff Cookie Butter in a medium saucepan set over low heat.
- Add in the marshmallows and stir occasionally until about 75% melted.
- Remove from heat and continue to stir, pressing down on the marshmallows, until completely melted.
- Alternatively, you can melt the butter, peanut butter, and marshmallows in the microwave using bursts of high power for 1 to 1 ½ minutes.
- Pour the melted marshmallows over the cereal and stir until well coated.
- Gently press the cereal mixture into a buttered 8-inch or 9-inch pan.
- Break up the remaining cookie into very small pieces and sprinkle over the treats.
- Press the cookie crumbs down to make sure they stick.
- Let the treats cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into 16 squares.
More Rice Krispie Treat Recipes...
If you love these treats you might also like to make these other cereal treat recipes...