It's the one-eyed, one-horned, flyin' purple people eater, but as Halloween Rice Krispie Treats!
purple people eater Rice Krispie Treats
It's Sheb Wooley's classic Halloween song come to life as Rice Krispie Treats! Create your own purple Halloween Rice Krispie Treats, complete with one eye and one horn.
And now the song will be stuck in your head all day (it is in mine). Apologies.
how to decorate monster Rice Krispie Treats
First, follow the instructions to make PURPLE RICE KRISPIE TREATS, and cut into squares.
You will need:
- Candy Corn (for the horn)
- Jumbo candy eyes
- light corn syrup or dabs of frosting (optional)
The candy corn and candy eyes should stick to the sticky treats, but if you need to secure the decorations, add dabs of light corn syrup or store-bought frosting.
More Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
purple Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
- 8-inch or 9-inch baking pan (see notes for 9 x 13 inch pan)
- non-stick cooking spray
- non-stick foil or parchment paper
- Jumbo candy eyes
- 4 ⅔ cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 4 tablespoons European-style salted butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows (about 40 regular or 6 cups mini)
- 14 to 18 pieces of candy corn
- dabs light corn syrup or frosting (optional)
- Line your baking pan with foil or parchment and set aside.
- TIP: Spray your bowls and spatulas with non-stick spray.
- Place the cereal in a large, greased bowl.
- Place the marshmallows and butter, cut in pieces, in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for one minute and stir vigorously until melted and smooth. If needed, microwave in 15 second increments.
- Alternatively, to heat on the stove top, start to melt the butter over medium low heat. Add the marshmallows and melt, stirring, until about 75 percent melted. Remove from heat and continue to stir, using the residual heat to fully melt the mixture.
- Squeeze a few drops of food coloring into the mixture and stir well. (Or, add about 5 drops of blue and 6 drops of red.) Add additional food coloring until desire shade is achieved.
- Fold the marshmallow mixture over the cereal and blend very well.
- Transfer to the baking pan and let rest until well set, at least 2 hours. Cut into squares.
- Use light corn syrup or dabs of frosting (if needed) to adhere a candy corn "horn" and jumbo candy eye.