These ooey gooey Reese’s Cup Rice Krispie Treats are so crazy good. Each marshmallow cereal treat is loaded with melty peanut butter cups and is drizzled with a combination of melted Reese’s Peanut Butter chips and creamy peanut butter.
If you have never tried Reese’s Cup Rice Krispie Treats, go get the ingredients to make this recipe right now. Seriously, don’t wait. You will thank me!
Everyone who has tried these cereal treats has ranked them as the tastiest rice crispy treats they have ever eaten. Including me! I love them.
To make these treats I started by adding Reese’s Cups to our perfect Rice Krispie Treat recipe. The peanut butter cups melt slightly once they are blended with the warm marshmallows making the whole pan of treats ooey gooey and peanut buttery.
Then I topped the bars with a drizzle of Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips, melted and blended with creamy peanut butter, and even more Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups to make these cereal treats over-the-top amazing.
Don’t you just want to grab that treat out of my hands?
Each treat is crispy and creamy and decadently rich. You are definitely going to want a glass of cold milk to accompany your treats.
Oh, and leave lots of room in your belly because you won’t be able to eat just one of these treats. They are addicting.
We are sharing some of the very best Rice Krispie Treat recipes here on our site and also have lots of tips and tricks to save you time and money when making your own treats at home. Be sure to check out our Rice Krispie Treat FAQ to read them all.
How to make Reese’s Cup Rice Krispie Treats
- Grease a large mixing bowl with butter, or spray it with cooking spray, then pour in 7 cups of Rice Krispies Cereal.
- Unwrap 14 Snack Size Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and cut each one into 9 pieces.
- Toss the peanut butter cup pieces with the cereal.
- Cut 30 Reese’s Cup Minis (the tiny ones, not the miniatures) in half and set aside.
- Begin to melt 6 tablespoons of European-style Salted Butter in a medium-large saucepan set over low heat.
- European-style salted butter will really enhance the flavor of your treats.
- Add 16 ounces of marshmallows.
- You can use either mini or traditional marshmallows. I prefer the mini marshmallows, as they melt really quickly.
- Stir the marshmallows occasionally until about 3/4’s of them are melted.
- Then remove the pan from the heat, and continue to stir, smashing the marshmallows, until they have all melted.
- Pour the melted marshmallows over the cereal and peanut butter cups and toss to coat.
- Spread into a well-buttered, non-stick, 9 X 13-inch pan.
- If you prefer, you can grease it using cooking spray.
- Melt 1/3 cup of Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips.
- Heat on high power, for 15-second increments, stirring after each until melted.
- The chips, once melted, will be rather thick.
- Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter.
- Pour into a disposable pastry bag or small zip-top bag.
- Snip off the tip of the bag.
- Squeeze the bag and drizzle about half of the peanut butter over the top of the Rice Krispie Treats.
- Press the pieces of the mini peanut butter cups over top of the bars.
- Then drizzle on the remaining peanut butter.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes just until the peanut butter topping sets.
- Then remove from the fridge and let the treats sit at room temperature to cool and firm up for about 2 hours.
- Remove the treats from the pan and cut into squares or rectangles.
Can I use any size Reese’s cup?
- I used Snack Sized Reese’s Cups, which I cut up and tossed into the cereal treats.
- Then I topped the treats with halves of Reese’s Cup Minis.
- You can use any size or shape Reese’s Cup you have on hand.
- You want about 10 oz of the Reese’s Cups cut into small pieces to mix into the treats and about 60 small pieces to put on top.
Can I just drizzle peanut butter over to the top?
- You can, but that peanut butter is always going to be really soft making the treats impossible to stack onto a platter and making them messy to eat.
- When creamy peanut butter is blended with the Reese’s Peanut Butter Chips, it creates a fudge-like topping that will firm up so that you can stack your treats. I use a similar recipe to make the most amazing Peanut Butter Fudge.
- If you really boost the peanut butter flavor you can add peanut butter inside the cereal treats too like our Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treat Recipe.
Can I add more chocolate?
- If you want to ramp up the chocolate flavor, you can definitely drizzle some chocolate over top too.
- Or you can mix Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups into our Chocolate Rice Krispie Treat recipe.
How to store these treats?
- Place them in an airtight container and leave them at room temperature for about for up to 5 days.
- Be sure you keep them out of direct sunlight and away from any heat source.
- I’m guessing that these will not stick around that long and that you’ll be heading to the store to buy more ingredients to make another batch well before day five!
Can I freeze them?
Yes, you can!
- If you want to freeze the treats, wrap them really well in non-stick tin foil or wax paper, then place them in a large zip-top bag, and place them in the freezer for up to three months.
- To thaw the treats, pull them out of the freezer and let them sit at room temperature in the packaging for at least an hour before opening the bag.
Can I use other candy bars?
- Of course. Get creative and try any candy bar you like.
If you love Reese’s Cups you might also like making these other desserts:
- Reese’s Monkey Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Cup Polar Bears
- Reese’s Cup Cookies
- Insane Peanut Butter Cup Cake
Peanut Butter Cup Cereal Treats Video
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie Treat Recipe
Reese's Cup Rice Krispie Treats
- 7 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 14 Snack Size Reese's Peanut Butter Cups each cut into 9 pieces
- 30 Reese's Cup Minis the tiny ones, cut in half
- 6 tablespoons European Salted Butter
- 16 ounces marshmallows
- 1/3 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
- 1 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- Butter the inside of a large mixing bowl and pour in the cereal.
- Cut the 14 Snack Size Reese's Peanut Butter Cups into 9 pieces each. Toss with the Rice Krisipes Cereal.
- Cut the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Minis in half and set aside.
- Begin to melt the butter over low heat in a medium-large saucepan.
- Add the marshmallows and stir occasionally as the melt.
- Once about 75% of the marshmallows have melted, remove from the heat, and continue to stir, smashing down on the marshmallows, until completely melted.
- Pour the melted marshmallows over top of the cereal and peanut butter cups and stir.
- Gently spread into an even layer in a well buttered 9-inch by 13-inch pan.
- Heat the Reese's Peanut Butter Chips for 15 second burst of high power until melted then stir in the creamy peanut butter.
- Spoon into a disposable pastry bag or small zip-top bag and snip off the tip of the bag.
- Squeeze the bag, drizzling half of the peanut butter over the cereal treats.
- Top with the reserved pieces of Reese's Cup minis.
- Then drizzle the remaining peanut butter over top.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and allow the treats to cool for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from the pan and cut into 24 squares.
You might also like these other Rice Krispie Treats!