Our Rice Krispie Treat in a mug is perfect when you just want dessert NOW.
Rice Krispie Treat in a mug
Ever get those midnight cravings when you want something sweet? This single-serving Rice Krispie Treat in a mug is your answer! Only three ingredients and a minute in the microwave.
Here, we start with our best-ever Rice Krispie Treat recipe and do all the math for you to make a perfect, single size, with a smidge more marshmallows to keep it gooey enough to spoon.
how to make mug cereal treats
First, I'll share the instructions for making mug treats, but you'll find more how-tos below for making single-serve cereal treats in ramekins.
- Spray a large mug with cooking spray OR grease with butter.
- Place 2 ounces of marshmallows in the mug and top with 1 tablespoon of salted butter.
- 2 ounces of marshmallows is about 8 regular size or a heaping cup of mini marshmallows.
- TIP: The butter helps weigh down the marshmallows, so be sure to add it on top.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds. Be sure to watch the mug! If the marshmallows reach the top of the mug, stop and quickly stir before continuing to heat.
- Let the marshmallows sit for 30 seconds and stir very well until smooth.
- Gradually stir in 1 cup of Rice Krispies cereal.
- If desired, top with sprinkles!
supplies and ingredients to make cereal treats
Rice Krispie treats for one (or two)
For another single-serve Rice Krispie treat idea, prepare the above recipe in a microwave-safe bowl. You'll have to worry less about the marshmallows puffing over the edge, and you may need 15 to 30 additional seconds of heating time.
Transfer the treats into two, greased ramekins.
what can I stir into Rice Krispie treats?
When adding the cereal, feel free to personalize your mug treat! Add a tablespoon or two of
- peanut butter
- chocolate chips
- chopped, dried fruit
- chopped nuts
cereal treats in a mug printable recipe
rice krispie treat in a mug
- large mug
- cooking spray
- 2 ounces marshmallows 8 regular size or a heaping cup of mini
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- sprinkles (optional)
- Grease a large mug with cooking spray. Add the marshmallows first and top with the butter.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds and let rest for 30 seconds.
- IMPORTANT! Be sure to watch the mug. If the marshmallows puff up to the top, stop heating, give a quick stir, and resume heating.
- Gradually stir in the cereal.
- If desired, top with sprinkles.
more mug recipes
Love mug recipes? Check out this roundup of microwave mug recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert.
- Vanilla mug cake is my daughter's favorite.
- You can even make mac and cheese in a mug.
- Or try chocolate cake in a mug.
you might like...
mint chocolate chip cereal treats
This is such a fun idea. I can't wait to try it.
I would have never thought to make a small batch of rice krispie treats. I love the treats but feel wasteful when I make an entire pan and throw half of them away. This recipe was perfect. I'll be using it again and again. Thanks!
This is brilliant!
This was such a fun recipe! My 9-year old daughter has fallen in love with this. She's been making these mug treats every day this week. Thanks for the great idea.
Thanks for sharing this recipe. I enjoy rice krispie treats but live alone and would usually through half of the treats away after they got stale. This small treat in a mug is perfect.