Froot Loops Cereal Treats will bring out the child in anyone who pulls apart one of the ooey, gooey, fruity, marshmallowy, treat bars. The colorful little loops of fruity goodness are entirely coated in sticky marshmallows making these treats super fun to eat.
Did you grow up eating Froot Loops cereal? How about Rice Krispie Treats?
Imagine blending these childhood favorites together to create these crispy, crunchy, chewy, Froot Loops Cereal Treats.
It has been so much fun creating crispy treats using different cereals. Have you tried our Fruity Pebbles Rice Crispy Treats, Cocoa Krispie Treats, or our S'mores Rice Krispie Treats made using Golden Grahams Cereal?
We are just beginning to create all these fun cereal treat recipes, and I can't wait to try out every kid's cereal on the grocery store shelf.
Unlike a traditional marshmallow treat, that is made using small crisp rice cereal, these treats made using Froot Loops have much fewer cereal pieces to blend with the marshmallows, so you really see the gooey marshmallows when you look at these bars.
The bright colors poke through the glossy white strands of marshmallow but the bars do appear to be really, seriously coated in marshmallow, and they are!
These are probably the gooiest treats I have made so far.
Go ahead and pull apart one of the bars. It will stretch pretty far before breaking.
These bars are so brightly colored that they would make a great dessert for a Birthday Party, St. Patrick's Day, or Easter. They are so easy to make though that they also make a perfect after school treat.
How to make Froot Loops Cereal Treats
- 4 tablespoons of European-style salted butter (this will give you the absolute best flavor)
- 10 ounces Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows (store brand marshmallows might be even stickier, so you may need to add more cereal if you use store brand marshmallows)
- Froot Loops Cereal
- 8-inch or 9-inch pan (well-buttered or sprayed with non-stick baking spray)
- Melt 4 tablespoons of European-style salted butter with 10 ounces of Kraft Jet-Puffed Marshmallows.
- Pour it over 6 cups of Fruit Loops Cereal and stir until incorporated.
- Gently press into a well-buttered 8-inch or 9-inch pan square pan.
- Combine the butter and marshmallows in a saucepan and heat on low heat, stirring often, until about 75% of the marshmallows are melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and continue to stir, smashing the marshmallows using a rubber spatula or the back of a wooden spoon, until the marshmallows completely melt and become smooth.
- Stir in the Froot Loops Cereal.
- Pour into a well-buttered 8-inch or 9-inch square pan.
- Allow to cool for at least 1 hour before cutting into rectangles or squares.
- Combine the butter and marshmallows in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat on high power for 1 minute then remove and stir until the melted butter blends with the marshmallows.
- Keep stirring until the marshmallows melt.
- If needed, reheat for 15-second increments, stirring after each, until the marshmallows are fully melted.
- Stir in the Froot Loops Cereal then spread into a well-buttered 8-inch or 9-inch square pan.
- Give the cereal treats time to cool before cutting.
- Do not overheat your marshmallows.
- If marshmallows get too hot, the sugar will begin to caramelize, thereby making your treats hard and crunchy instead of gooey.
Can I make these cereal treats ahead?
- This recipe produces sweet, sticky, cereal treats that will stay fresh for 2-3 days if stored in an airtight container set at room temperature.
- They really are best eaten the day they are made!
- If you wrap the treats well in non-stick tin foil then place in a zip-top bag you may freeze the treats for up to a month. To thaw set the treats on your counter for at least 1 hour before un-wrapping the treats.
Watch this video to see how easy it is to make a pan of these Froot Loops Cereal Treats...
If you love kid's cereal you might also like these fun cereal-based desserts:
Froot Loops Marshmallow Treats Recipe
Froot Loops Cereal Treats
- 4 tablespoons European-style Salted Butter
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 6 cups Froot Loops Cereal
- Begin melting the butter in a medium-large saucepan set over low heat.
- Toss in the marshmallows and stir occasionally until about 75% of the marshmallows have melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat and continuously stir, smashing the marshmallows, allowing them to melt until smooth.
- Pour the cereal into a well buttered large bowl and pour the marshmallows over top.
- Toss to coat evenly.
- Gently press into a well buttered 8-inch or 9-inch square pan.
- Let cool for about an hour before cutting into 16 squares.
- Heat the butter and marshmallows on high power, in a large mixing bowl, for 1 minute.
- Remove and stir.
- If needed, heat for additional 15 second increments, stirring vigorously after each, until melted and smooth.
- Pour over cereal, mix to combine, spread into pan, and allow to cool before cutting.
If you love colorful cereal treats, be sure to check out these other rice krispie treat recipes that are perfect for a party...